View My Stats

View My Stats

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The ACH-BVN Connection

I mentioned in my previous blog that my dad and B.V.Nagaraj hit it off like old friends when they met in Chennai in August 1975.

The two families were related in a variety of ways.

Let me start with the information I have.

My mom's elder sister Seethakka got married to Lakkavalli Srikantiah.Srikantiah was the son of Lakkavalli Puttiah whose children included Seshamma,Srikantiah,Sathyanarayana,Jayamma,Subba,Rama,Naga, Gopamma,Susheela,Savithri and Kitti( thanks to Naga who updated me with this information today-19.8.2010-- as I'm writing this blog)

Seethakka went off to live in Bhadravathi with her husband.They lived as a joint family with Puttiah's other children. Occasionally, my mom would go there to visit her sister and would play with the girls Susheela and Savithri.

Subsequently, dad's brother Sathya got married to Susheela .

B.V.Nagaraj got married to Savithri in the early 1950s and their children were Vinod ( born 31 Dec 1954) and Sudha ( born 17 May 1956). Savithri died of cancer in Jan 1962 and
B V Nagaraj was left alone to raise the 2 kids. I still remember the postcard that Seethakka wrote to mummy stating that Savithri had passed away .

Around this time, there was a Civil Surgeon Dr.D.V.Subba Rao in KGF who used to reside in Robertsonpet and we used to go to their house occasionally.He had three children--- Dr.D.S.Chandrasekhar, Krish ( living in America and married to Magdalene, a German )and Lalitha.Lalitha had done her M.A.in Political Science in Mysore University.This was a pretty high qualification at that time.

It was my dad who arranged the wedding between BVN and Lalitha .

Other connections--- Naga's wife Swarna's sister Vishali was married to mom's cousin Kanta.

Lalitha's brother Dr.Chandrasekhar was married to Prema from the Nadig family.Prema's father was Dr.S.N.Gundu Rao whose son Ramu was running Chaya Nursing Home and the family was very close to my brother-in-law B.S.Nagaraj's family.

The story also goes that my mom had decided long ago that Savithri's daughter would be brought into her family.

You will therefore see that this family was known to us and related to us in many ways and so there was a great comfort factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment