View My Stats

View My Stats

Monday, March 7, 2022

USA 2022 Visit- Day 0 ( 28 Feb 2022)

Flight was BLR-LHR-DFW.

Departure from BLR was smooth . Layover in LHR was 2 hours; however we had to move from Terminal 5 to Terminal 3. That took a long time and we reached Security in Terminal 3 with 45 minutes to spare. Good enough? Not nearly, as we found out. The Security guy said that he had to check each liquid/gel/paste in my liquid transparent bag since one of them was giving off a peculiar smell. I assured him that the bag did not contain any of my bodily fluids, but he was not ready to listen. Since there was no time, I donated all my liquids/gels/pastes to LHR. Good luck to them with these.

Other than this, the flight was good. We had booked by Premium Economy and the seats are far better than Economy. One can really stretch oneÅ› legs. I watched ´96´ starring Vijay Sethupathy and Trisha and ´ Going in Style´ starring Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman. Both were good.

We reached DFW at 6.30 PM , 40 minutes ahead of schedule. Sachin was there to receive us.

Customs and Immigration was smooth and , thankfully, our bags were not checked again for the processed foods that we had brought.

We checked in at Candlewood Suites. Sandeep had brought dinner as well as necessary toiletries etc and we were off to sleep.

End of Day 0!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment