View My Stats

View My Stats

Sunday, June 23, 2013

USA Diary--- 2013----- Day 2 ( 21 Jun 2013---- Friday)

Got up at 7.30 AM.It was the summer solistice--- supposed to be the longest day of the year.

I caught up with my e mails ( all 250 of them) and disposed them of.

Sudha made coffee and we sat down in the patio to enjoy the coffee and spend a few moments together.The scene outside is very peaceful.There is a small creek running through and there are ducks waddling .We also saw a small tortoise. Big fat squirrels dart here and there and the birds sing in the tree near our house.

A very calm setting and guaranteed to bring down the blood pressure.

After breakfast ( idli and sambar), I headed down to the leasing office.There was a pool table and I practiced for some time.I also borrowed a book ( " A Matter of Honour"-- by Jeffrey Archer) from the Leasing Office library.

At 11 AM, I sat down to watch " West Side Story" with a glass of Moscato and a bowl of trail mix nuts. Ah!!! Heaven!!!

Sandeep came back for lunch and once again Greeshma and I dropped him back at the office.At 4 PM, Greeshma, Sudha and I headed out for some shopping. We went to Walmart, picked up Sandeep and again came back to Target, Starbucks, Old Navy, T J Maxx and then Target again.We came back by 8 30 PM. Sandeep and I headed out to the tennis court.Sandeep wanted to observe how his likely opponents are playing so that he could prepare himself better in the on going tournament.

Came back to the aprtment, had dinner and crashed.

End of Day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment