View My Stats

View My Stats

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Udaipur Diary

Reached Udaipur yesterday and had my official meeting.
Yesterday night ( 1st Jun), my friend Manish Nehra came over and took me to this place called Apni Dhani which is a little like Choki Dhani in Jaipur. We saw some magic show, a couple of dances by rustic belles, a puppet show and then a sit down dinner where one has to squat with crossed legs in front of a low table and eat.

We were served authentic Rajasthani fare with Dal Bhati, Makki ki Roti, Bajra Roti, Gehu ( wheat) Roti, kadi, rice, buttermilk and then the waiters caame around stuffing jalebis.They forced around 7 jalebis in my mouth before I put my head down and refused to look up.The amount of fresh butter and oil served was humungous.Apparently, these people are not aware of cholesterol and other such terms.

Today ( 2nd Jun), my colleague Dinesh and I are off to Haldighati and Nath Dwara before coming back in the afternoon to catch the flight to Mumbai and back to Chennai.

Bye for now.

Kesari

No comments:

Post a Comment