View My Stats

View My Stats

Sunday, June 27, 2010

USA Diary---- Day 15--- ( Cary--- Fri --25 Jun 2010)

For the first time during our stay, all of us piled into the car and dropped off Sachin at the Office and then Madhura brought the car back home.

I've always had this desire to drop in at my sons' offices and introduce myself as their humble father.I didn't get the chance to do this anyway.

After breakfast, Sudha, Madhura and I went to Macy's where Sudha got me a nice green bush shirt. This is casual in the extreme and no one needs to guess that I'm on vacation when I bear this bush shirt, my bermudas and my loafers.

Lunch and another snooze later, we went to this nice Italian restaurant called Lagazzi's where we settled for a bowl of salad, a bottle of wine and garlic bread. Sudha and I shared a pizza while Madhura had pasta ( fuccini) and Sachin had something equally exotic.

We got back at 10 PM and then had an early cake cutting in anticipation of Madhura's birthday the next day. Madhura had baked a lovely chocolate cake and another eggless cake ( to give the Shastrigalu family next door).

Lots of calls to families in India ( including Malathesh's mother who shared Madhura's birthday) and then we called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment