View My Stats

View My Stats

Sunday, June 13, 2010

USA Diary ( Day 2)------ 12 Jun 2010

I woke up around 7 AM.It was a glorious day and the sun was already high in the sky.

Sachin's apartment is splendid and appears to be set in some kind of a holiday resort.We sat on the patio overlooking a tennis court and sipped our coffees.
Then Sudha and I set off for a long walk.Sudha was already into this routine for the previous ten days and took me over her walking route for around 45 minutes.

It was like walking through a forest.There were fat squirrels scampering around here and there and the occasional rabbit hopping around.Some of the houses were really lovely and Sudha and I went around admiring them.The air was crisp and clean and there was a light breeze.It was a really lovely way to start a vacation.

Sachin and I went to the tennis court at 11 AM and tossed around a few balls.We played a set and I handed him a shock 6-3 defeat.Then we all went to Sam's Club and bought some items and came back to watch the Argentina-Nigeria football match.

The US shopping malls ( I suppose like other malls all over the world) are really dangerous.If you don't have control over your shopping, you'll be loading the shopping cart with a whole lot of stuff that you had no intention of buying in the first place.Sudha spent a lot of time agonizing over her purchases of handbags and then came up with this gem when we returned home--- " I'm very sure about what I want.I'll either keep this bag or return it"


We had lunch at 1 PM and Sudha had made a lovely Southekai gojju.We went to bed after lunch and woke up around 5 PM.It was raining and the smell of fresh earth was exhilarating.

All of us left at around 7 PM and went to Target and did some more shopping and came back for dinner.Then we sat on the patio and made calls to India.The weather was lovely and we were up till 12.30 AM making plans for Sachin and Madhura's visit to India next year.

That was the end of Day 2.

2 comments: