View My Stats

View My Stats

Saturday, June 26, 2010

USA Diary----- Day 10 --- Cary ( 20 Jun 2010)


To all of you who've been following my USA Diary, my deepest apologies since I'm updating this today Saturday 26th Jun.That only goes to show how busy I've been this past week.

OK, let's start.

Sunday 20th Jun turned out to be one hot day--- temperature up at 95 DegF.

Sudha and I went for our usual morning walk.Then at 11AM Sachin, Sudha and I got ready to go to the Kumbabhishekam at the local new Shiva Temple.Our neighbours Akhila and Hari also got ready,with Akhila dressed in her 9-yard madisar. Madhura couldn't come since she had her class.

We got off about 200 yards short of the temple and then literally hiked thru a forest and crossed a railway track before we got to the temple.I've added the photo above so you can see how appropriate this was.

The rituals were gone thru meticulously and I'm glad that we were there because this was an opportunity that we couldn't have got even in India.The main priest had come from Houston and he had come over to USA in 1982 after serving in the Madurai Meenakshi temple.Other priests had come from Atlanta, Mephisetc and the Valaga players had come from Toronto.Sudha, Sachin and I had a ringside view since Sachin and Madhura had donated for the Kalyanothsava.

The ceremony got over at 2 PM and then we had lunch at the temple.Madhura had come there in the meanwhile.

After this, we dropped off Sachin at home and then did another round of shopping at The World Market, DSW, Macy's and The Dollar Store. We got back at 5.30 PM and then got busy packing for the next day's trip to Cincinnati.

That was the end of Day 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment