View My Stats

View My Stats

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

USA Diary ( Day 6)----- Cary---- 16 Jun 2010

I believe that the effectiveness of the vacation is inversely proportional to the length of the blog.
Since I'm having a truly great vacation ( doing nothing in particular), I don't have much to write about and that shows that I'm having a great vacation.

Got up as usual at 6.15 AM and attended to my mails.Saw off Sachin at 7.30 AM and Sudha got ready for her usual walk.Madhura then appeared and said she was ready for a game of tennis so there was a small change of plan.Sudha went off on her walk alone and Madhura and I headed to the tennis court at 8 AM.We played a set and I managed a win again but Madhura made me run around a lot by trying those devious drop shots. No fair and I will have to teach her a little about sportsmanship and treating old codgers like me a little more gently.

All of us got back around 9 AM and I once again had the delicious uppittu with mosaranna and uppinakai with maagli beru.It was even more delicious than yesterday, if that's possible.

Went down to the Condo office after a bath and shave to read the dailies and again dropped off to sleep there.

Sudha and I then put "Vinnai Thandi Varuvaya" in the DVD player and watched the movie before, during and after lunch.Sudha had made a fabulous Hirekai Chutney and all of us polished it off.

Got up at 6 PM and had a mango and then Sachin, Sudha and I headed off to Macy's for a bit of shopping.We returned one bag that Sudha had bought ( yes, she finally made up her mind!!) and Sachin and I bought a pair of chinos each at The Banana Republic.

All of us got back at 9.30 PM and had our dinner.

I've already finished 480 pages of Baldacci's "Divine Justice" and intend to finish the book today.

It's 12.15 AM now and time for a bit of reading and then sleep.

Bye!!
Kesari

No comments:

Post a Comment