View My Stats

View My Stats

Monday, June 28, 2010

USA Diary--- Day 18---- Cary ( Mon 28th Jun 2010)

I am writing this mail at 11.05 PM.

Today is the last day of our stay in Cary and Sudha and I can't thank Sachin and Madhura enough for looking after us so well and providing us the perfect dream vacation.They have gone out of the way to fulfil every wish of ours.

At the start of the vacation, I used to be up every day at 6 AM.Lately, it has been 8 AM or 8.30 AM which means that the holiday mood has really got to us.

Today was no different .The sun was already up and it was a hot day as usual. Sachin had already left at 7 AM for the Office. Sudha made me a cup of coffee and we had it in the patio as usual.

I caught up with my mails and then we sat down to watch "The Bridges of Madison County" starring Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep on DVD.

We packed our suitcases with the final touches to be given tomorrow. For lunch we had anna and kootu that Sudha had made.

We got up at 6 PM after a nap. In the meantime, the Internet connection went on the blink and Madhura was frantically trying to get it corrected by contacting the service provider.The response was identical to what I was hearing in India so I guess there's not much difference in this respect between India and America.

There were a couple of urgent mails I had to do so I went to the Condo Office and was able to access the Internet there.

After dinner, we went and loaded up the heavy suitcases in the car. The internet came on again and I thought I'd finish up this blog.

Meanwhile, Madhura gave the Arashana and Kunkuma to Sudha since tomorrow is a Tuesday.

Tomorrow, we're off to Washington at around 11 AM and should reach there by around 3.30 PM and we hope to do Lincoln Memorial and Jefferson Memorial and , if possible, the Washington Monument also tomorrow.

That's it folks. Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment