View My Stats

View My Stats

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

USA Diary ( Day 5)------ Cary---- 15 Jun 2010

Got up at 6.30 AM and saw off Sachin to work and then worked on my mails.

Sudha and I got ready and kept our date with the swimming pool.It was just the two of us and we had a nice time with the water being quite warm.

Got back at 9 AM and had a lovely breakfast of Uppittu with Mosaru and Nimbekai Uppinakai with Maagli beru. Can anything be more heavenly? Yes, as you will see later.

After my shave and bath, I went to the Condominium Office to read the newspapers and promptly fell asleep there.Got back at 11 AM and again helped myself to a glass of Woodbridge ( Cabernet Sauvignon), a bowl of chips and a bowl of dried raisins, dried papaya etc. I recalled what Jehangir had Kashmir---- if there is a Heaven, thisis it, this it, this is it!!!

Lunch at 1 PM consisted of cabbage sambar and rice ( delicious) and then it was off to the bed to read " Divine Justice" and nod off to sleep.

Got up at 5.45 PM.Sachin had come back by then and we all sat on the patio and contemplated a game of tennis.However, it started raining and so we changed our plans and went to the local library instead.A lovely place--- this library and I spent a lovely hour going thru the books before finally choosing " The Messenger" by Jan Burke. Sudha chose " The Doomsday Conspiracy" by Sidney Sheldon and Sachin chose a couple of John Grishams. Membership is free for Cary residents--- lucky them.

We dropped in at Kroger's to buy some groceries including a Moscato for Madhura and came back home for dinner.

That was the end of Day 5.

PS: Here's a funny thing I've noticed in America.Almost all cars drive with either their headlights on or at least the parking light now even in bright sunshine.I suspect the lights come on by default when the ignition is turned on and the car drivers can do nothing about it.Maybe their eyesight is bad and they can't drive without the headlights on. Contrast this with India where our eyesight is so good that we often drive without headlights even when it is totally dark!! Food for thought??

Bye for now Kesari

No comments:

Post a Comment