View My Stats

View My Stats

Monday, June 14, 2010

USA Diary ( Day 4)---- Cary ( 14 Jun 2010)

Woke up at 6.15 AM on another glorious day.

Sachin left for work at 7.30 AM and then Sudha and I set off for our usual morning walk.
On our way back, we stopped at the swimming pool and found that it was empty.Sudha and I have decided that we would go to the pool tomorrow by 7.30 AM and skip the morning walk.

We had breakfast at 9.30 AM and I had a whole wheat bread sandwich with tomatoes and cucumber with a glass of orange juice.It was nice to feel the wind in our face as Sudha , Madhura and I sat in the patio and had our breakfast.

Madhura took me to the Condominium Office at 10 AM and I picked up two books for reading--- " Divine Justice" by David Baldicci and "Black Alley" by Mickey Spillane--- a Mike Hammer detective story. I read my last Mickey Spillane in the 70s so this book is sure to take me back to the 60s and 70s.

The best part of the day was after my bath.Sudha had put on a DVD of "Amruthavarshini"- a Kannada pic starring Suhasini, Sarat Kumar and Arvind Ramesh while I set myself up with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon, a bowl of potato chips and a bowl of dried raisins and other dry fruits------ ah, Paradise , even though the movie was nothing to write home about.

A snooze after lunch was followed by catching up with my mails. We then went to the tennis court where I played with Madhura.I beat her 6-3, 6-2, but she made me sweat for it and we've agreed that we'll play again tomorrow.

Sachin had gone for his Cricket League match while Sudha was catching up on the latest uodates of "Jhansi ki Rani" and "Choti Bahu" with her new found Saheli who she has found in the Condo.

A nice refreshing shower and the watched "Larry King Live" while having dinner followed by another long chat between the four of us on the patio.

Y--a--w--n, it's now 12.15 AM and I think I've worked hard today for my night's sleep.

Good night
Kesari

1 comment:

  1. Hi uncle,
    Looks like you are having a relaxing time at Sachin's place. Do come and visit us here in sunny CA, if you have the time during your current US trip.

    - Lalitha.

    ReplyDelete